View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #7882
Target70

Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
Not as far as damage to the compressor. When the car hits redline the throttle body will open and shut... During this time if you are boosting the compressor will surge against the closed throttle body. The compressor has no problem handling this but the car doesn't like it.... It can almost feel like a stall. Same basic thing happens if you get side ways with boost while traction control is on.

Both have happened to me multiple time and everything is fine.... It's just not the nicest feeling.

If your wondering... the car will go rich during this time.... The maf meters the boosted air but not all that air gets into the combustion cycle.
was kind of curious about this in the form of FFS. It is currently set too high for me right now, but when I tried it, (besides bouncing off the limiter at 6500, it really helps the performance of the ESC without that whole "off switch slow down, on switch spool up cycle" between each gear, especially if running to redline where spool up takes almost 1k revs of the ~5k to 7k power band.