Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky
Good. The blacked out reflectors really can look good if done right.
I would suggest that you get the car and drive it for a while before spending a lot of money on too many mods. My few mods have come about because I was driving the car and said, "Man, I wish the car had..."
For example, I found the stock knee rest uncomfortable and was looking for some sort of padding to put there when I realized I could buy padded replacements. I bought a Scion armrest (still waiting to be installed) because my arm position wasn't that comfortable. I have clear side markers (with amber lamps) because the look just grew on me over time. Same with my Tom's tails.
On the other hand, I've resisted lowering, widening and making it louder. You might want to drive it a while before lowering it to make sure it's not low enough already, especially in an area like yours that gets snow. There's something to be said for keeping the car practical, especially if it's your only transportation.
|
Very valid points and I think I will do that for all of the mod's aside from the taillights and the reverse light - I think the valenti's and tom's both look better than the stock as I think the stock makes it have a ricer look with the chrome (just me, though). Aside from that, the tint, and potentially the rearview camera, I think you are correct in saying to wait it out and see what I "feel." Thanks man!