View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #6
extrashaky
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Location: USA
Posts: 4,046
Thanks: 1,100
Thanked 5,620 Times in 2,267 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid View Post
I did NOT mean blacking the lenses, I hate the ricer look as well. I was trying to blacken the reflectors, apologies for using improper terminology.
Good. The blacked out reflectors really can look good if done right.

I would suggest that you get the car and drive it for a while before spending a lot of money on too many mods. My few mods have come about because I was driving the car and said, "Man, I wish the car had..."

For example, I found the stock knee rest uncomfortable and was looking for some sort of padding to put there when I realized I could buy padded replacements. I bought a Scion armrest (still waiting to be installed) because my arm position wasn't that comfortable. I have clear side markers (with amber lamps) because the look just grew on me over time. Same with my Tom's tails.

On the other hand, I've resisted lowering, widening and making it louder. You might want to drive it a while before lowering it to make sure it's not low enough already, especially in an area like yours that gets snow. There's something to be said for keeping the car practical, especially if it's your only transportation.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote