Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky
Maryland's limit is 35% all around. 20% tint will get you tickets.
http://tintlaws.com/maryland-window-tint-law.php
If you drive in neighboring states (which a lot of MD people do), keep in mind that VA's limit is 50%, DC's is 70%, PA's is 70% and DE's is 70%. Cops usually will not give tint tickets for out of state vehicles, but they do often use it as an excuse to stop and mess with drivers. If a cop sees your hot car and wants probable cause to pull you over, MD's 35% tint would grab his attention. I would keep a copy of the MD tint law in your car, along with the invoice for the tint job showing that you comply.
I would suggest ceramic tint, as it has the best heat rejection without interfering with your electronics.
Are you talking about blacking the lenses or the reflectors? Blacking the lenses is ricey as hell and looks like shit. I don't understand why anybody would want to degrade the performance of their headlights with that garbage.
Blackened reflectors can look all right if you do it right and leave the lenses clear.
|
I was hoping to risk it, but upon further research it seems as if your advice is what I would adhere to.
I did NOT mean blacking the lenses, I hate the ricer look as well. I was trying to blacken the reflectors, apologies for using improper terminology.