View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 07:13 PM   #3
extrashaky
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Location: USA
Posts: 4,046
Thanks: 1,100
Thanked 5,620 Times in 2,267 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid View Post
20% tint (suggestions appreciated for tint % as I live in MD) Smoked valenti taillights along with the matching smoked reverse light.
Maryland's limit is 35% all around. 20% tint will get you tickets.

http://tintlaws.com/maryland-window-tint-law.php

If you drive in neighboring states (which a lot of MD people do), keep in mind that VA's limit is 50%, DC's is 70%, PA's is 70% and DE's is 70%. Cops usually will not give tint tickets for out of state vehicles, but they do often use it as an excuse to stop and mess with drivers. If a cop sees your hot car and wants probable cause to pull you over, MD's 35% tint would grab his attention. I would keep a copy of the MD tint law in your car, along with the invoice for the tint job showing that you comply.

I would suggest ceramic tint, as it has the best heat rejection without interfering with your electronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid View Post
Lastly, I was considering blacking out the headlights...
Are you talking about blacking the lenses or the reflectors? Blacking the lenses is ricey as hell and looks like shit. I don't understand why anybody would want to degrade the performance of their headlights with that garbage.

Blackened reflectors can look all right if you do it right and leave the lenses clear. A lot of cars are coming stock with the black reflectors to get that high contrast look.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote