View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #127
ck-GT86

Drives: '13 Raven FR-S, MT
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
The beta thread actually had some discussion on the topic that may be relevant, but I'm not sure that wasn't resolved. I know I've occasionally had issues I might expect to dyno like this, but I'm still on the beta version (still trying to get my computer working after a trashed partition table and don't drive much at all...)

It's definitely inconsistent, but may be load related.
I too are running the beta maps, haven't updated to any of the recent ones yet.

For what it's worth, I received my GrimmSpeed intake yesterday; I'm not holding off on installing it, it's too badass to keep in it's box. A dyno after this point is going to have skewed numbers when compared to the MaHa session -- as expected since the engine will be setup differently.

I've texted Shiv to let him know what my plans are -- fingers aren't going to be pointed anywhere right now. To make fair, I'm going to schedule a dyno session (maybe two) with other operators around the area. If it so happens that those dynos also reproduce a dip, then we'll circle back.

Moving on, if anyone experiences a dip from their OFT tune, please share it. It'd be beneficial if we could compare car specs/mods to try and narrow down an issue, be that: tune, mechanical, or anything else related.

.ck