View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #72
Texas BRZ
Imperfect
 
Texas BRZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 2025 C8 Z06s and more!
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 925
Thanks: 374
Thanked 307 Times in 193 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexioooo View Post
I've had experience with both cars. I never owned a Gen Coupe but I'm a Hyundai salesman and I ended up buying the BRZ. I've driven the Gen Coupes plenty of times and they're fun but I agree with a lot of the other posts about the Gen Coupe not feeling as fast as it is. Especially with the 2.0T. Yes it has more space and better numbers on paper but the drive of the BRZ sold me way more, even despite the fact I couldve got employee pricing on a Gen Coupe. For me, the Gen Coupe was eliminated from the list early on because of the feel. And the Mk7 GTI was a bigger contender actually (I know... wtf its an FF Hatchback) but still being a huge Euro fan and driving around my Mk3 GTI, it was a good contender for being a driver's car.

I also may be biased towards the Subie after working with Hyundai and being surrounded by their product for 60hrs a week you sort of develop a distaste lol.

Plus 2yr maintenance if you go for the FR-S and non-staggered wheels on either twin so you can rotate them and save in the long run, and better resale value in the future w/out a doubt.

Hope my input helps.
Hell, I used to be a salesman at a Toyota dealership and I can almost relate to you... Surounded by the FR-S all the time, I grew tired and went with a BRZ even though the same car.

Response to OP's title: Any argument with the spouse or GF is never, ever small... Trust me!
__________________
Texas BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote