View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #27
Genomaxter

Drives: 2013 firestorm FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What people need to know tho is that engineers don't write anything. They dont even draw anything. All engineers do is design, analysis, then trials. Drafters do all the drawings and documentation. Engineers then check all the technical stuff, sign off on it then it gets passed to checking who consult with the lawyers. Lawyers have final say on anything that could cost the company money. Then it goes back to drafting for final drafts.

I know the engineers know what's best, but lawyers could care less and so do stock holders. Was there ever a problem with the first gen 1zz-Fe? Legally no, but they revised the piston design later because it had issues with burning oil due to bad ring design that was hit or miss. That was an engineering call to fix it, but if you ever ask Toyota if there was a problem they will tell you no.

I don't trust lawyers, so I won't trust "advice" on operating procedures. Most of the methods on hard break in call for constant high load, high gear accelerating and decelerating using no high rpms or brakes to slow down. Not exactly advice you want to give to a person who can barely handle a car beyond drivers ed. That's lawsuits material there.
Genomaxter is offline   Reply With Quote