View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #37
mav1178
Senior Member
 
mav1178's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Location: 91745
Posts: 6,562
Thanks: 493
Thanked 6,099 Times in 3,030 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
I have two questions concerning acceleration and the wear it has on my FR-S.

#1 I was a light today, random guy in a F-150 gives me "The Look" so I stab at my gas pedal twice to let him know ( I'm 18, I can do stupid Sh*t like this). So the light turns green and I bog it, bad. He has an auto no doubt and a lot more low end torque so this dem F-150 is pulling on me quite a bit. Then I reach 5K, hit the power band, chirp in second and blow his doors off.
So the question is, without burning my clutch out or dumping my clutch ( It's a freaking pickup truck at a red light, I'm not gunna dump the dem clutch) is there anyway not to bog it?
Do auto FR-S's pull on manuals with out a revving them out and dumping the clutch?

#2 How bad is chirping in second for my car? I know it's just a tire squeak and shifting into 3rd without letting the rpm drop is the same thing. But should I be holding my clutch in untill the rpm and trannys sync and then shift? Or is just jumping gear to gear as fast as I can not TOO bad for it? ( I shift pretty dang fast ) I don't wanna mess my car up, thanks.
Wait.... two questions, or five? I'm kind of confused by what you are asking about.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote