View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #153
mid_life_crisis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: FR-S 10 #103 AT
Location: NC
Posts: 1,519
Thanks: 101
Thanked 599 Times in 347 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkivsoopra View Post
I've been having lots of cold start issues ever since I started using the E85 OTS maps. It would typically take 5-7 starts every morning to get the car running. Thanks to @Malt and @Terrapin77, I used their values and adjusted the values in the temperature range that's typical for my area (40-65F) this time of the year.

This morning, I was able to start my car on the second crank with a coolant temp of 62F. Gonna keep experimenting to see if I can get it to start on the first.

FWIW, I'm using 100% Propel E85, which measures 78-80% ethanol on my Zeitronix gauge.

Disclaimer.. use at your own risk blah blah blah.
Question: On tables A and F, why do the values go up then abruptly drop back down and start climbing again? Shouldn't they be a steady climb up?
__________________
Necessity may be the mother of Invention but Desperation is quite often the father.
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there. Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
mid_life_crisis is offline   Reply With Quote