View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 02:11 AM   #7694
Target70
Senior Member
 
Target70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Location: Mid GA
Posts: 783
Thanks: 265
Thanked 366 Times in 240 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Initial test run data log. These numbers are not exact since I closed datazap already, but on my last log, I tested a 3rd gear run, setup is OFH, OFT E85, K&N, IAT was 77F at start down to ~70 by end of pull. Time log from ~2100 rpm to ~7200 rpm 10.6 seconds.

Phantom ESC test run: OFH, Phantom ESC, 1.0 dump pack new batteries, OFT E85/w 1gallon 93, K&N, IAT 88F at start down to 78 by end of pull. Time log from ~2100 rpm to ~7200 rpm 8.6 seconds.

That is 2 seconds faster with 10 degree higher IAT's. Unfortunately I think the OFT is glitching because my Boost log just shows 0 the whole time, hopefully it will get sorted out so I can see what kind of pressure it's pushing. If my 2nd dump pack, + conditioned batteries will get me another .5 seconds off, I should be looking at about 4 seconds quicker than stock.

The engagement might take some getting used to, due to the ~1 second lag. Honestly it feels like I am driving an automatic, because when I floor it, It revs but does nothing for a second, then the car "downshifts" and I start scooting, I think that's the best way I can think to describe the feeling. Driving in mid rpms in lower gears is addictive, It has less of the lag, but engagement doesn't really feel any less pronounced, you just have power and more power. I haven't tried acceling out of a corner yet but will when I get used to engagement.

I had a few FLKC events, but my ADV multiplier stayed at 1. AFR spiked some to ~15 to 16, especially 3rd gear 2000rpm WOT. Other than that, everything looks good so far.
__________________
Phantom ESC, OFH, OFT, K&N Drop in
Target70 is offline   Reply With Quote