View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #1
Janunez90
Junior Member
 
Janunez90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: 13' Premium MT BRZ (Lighting Red)
Location: Mission TX
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Bad paint job after accident. (opinion)

So about 10 months ago I hit on my front right tire. I messed up the fender and the bumper, everything else was intact (excluding steering rods and suspension pcs). I took it to the original Subaru dealership where I bought the car, and they told me they would work on it. This is my first accident ever; and to my ignorant self sought that no other body shop could do a better job than the original dealer. ooo boy was I wrong.

over the past couple months I've been noticing my new fender and bumper & they are both slightly darker than the rest of the car. I asked a buddy of mine to see his input, and he told me "that's as good as it gets, it will never be the same". I find that painful and hard to believe.

Now I will ask some of you guys what your input on the screen shots. Can the paint job be done better if I take it to a better body shop? or this as good as it gets? Im don't mind paying out of pocket to get it to look how it was before, I just want to know if its possible.

All comments are appreciated, thanks.
Attached Images
      
Janunez90 is offline   Reply With Quote