View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 05:46 PM   #3
aegisdrgn
Senior Member
 
aegisdrgn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: Scion FR-S 10 Series #2263
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 471
Thanks: 208
Thanked 277 Times in 179 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
As far as the orbitals and associated materials, here's my thinking, which may not apply to you, just take it with a grain of salt.

With proper paint sealant and no crazy shit happening (driving in sandstorms, parking lot hijinks, etc), paint correction is only necessary after 6 months, FOR ME.

Paint correction to my satisfaction takes me a few hours (slower is better, especially when you're losing clear coat every time that polishing pad touches the car). An orbital vs hand polishing is definitely more efficient and will save you time.

I can tell you take great pride in how your car looks - if I could do it again, I would have learned a lot more about car detailing before I did anything to it, would have saved me the mistake of clay barring frequently (where did those long, straight scratches come from???) and cheap microfiber towels (how am I getting swirls?!?!?)


I recommend going through the @Junkman2008 's videos https://www.youtube.com/user/Junkman2000/videos

They are long, but very detailed about the products he uses, and his techniques.
aegisdrgn is offline   Reply With Quote