|
I went ahead and ordered an OBD extiension, iMagnet and some cheapo clip type phone holder. I was going to use the clip type holder to hold my iPhone for harry's lap timer recording but found it vibrated too much. Instead I used it to hold the OFT along with the OBD extension and it works perfectly. Haven't had a connection problem mid-drive or mid-log yet. Although the OFT had trouble connecting to ECU upon start up several times. When I go and disconnect and reconnect the OBD connector it usually clears up.
Now the question is if this iMagnet will give me vibration free video recordings with my iPhone cam and Harry's Timer..
Flat Ribbon OBD Extension:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GGLVXG2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: Low Profile Right or Left Angle OBD 2 II Extension with Flat Ribbon Cable 1'/30cm CAN Bus Compatible: Automotive[/ame]
Cheapo clip type phone holder (vibrates a bit, and articulation is limited, but suction is excellent):
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I35YD8O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: Cellet Dashboard/Windshield Car Mount Holder for Phones Up to 3.8 Inches Wide - White: Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]
|