Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR
I just had what I think is a great idea.
Everyone knows what it's like driving this car without the ESC. As long as you keep the RPMs between 5000 and 7500 the car feels pretty lively. But if you step on the gas it takes forever to get into the power zone. But once you're there everything is good.
Bring in the ESC and it fills that low end torque problem and you are quickly into the power zone.
But once in the power zone the ESC doesn't really contribute that much anymore because the boost tapers off but you're still using valuable battery current with less effect.
Maybe it would be a good idea to set a RPM limit that shuts off the ESC when it becomes less efficient. That way the batteries will be charging and ready for the next gearshift.
I don't know. Just a thought.
|
You need the ESC working otherwise it will be a major restriction at higher engine airflow levels. You would be getting 160 at redline instead of 215 if you then the ESC off.