Quote:
Originally Posted by myioz86
Well i am from oz and i dont like the way gums has run his cables over the top of the motor . i want to run down the left side of the car to controller hiding the wires as i go , then from the controller under the air box to the ESC unit. as far as i can tell doing it this way all i need to extend is the pedal switch. just need to know how long wires are on american vertion. this way i dont have to wait for rob to mod on to suit oz cars.
Thanks John
|
I understand you want to assess the fitment of a Nth American version for Aussie.
For the Aussie version, I discussed wire runs with Rob in January. I also provided measurements and pictures of runs in the engine bay. The shortest run was best for the ESC. Rob wanted to keep the controller on the right side of the car because this last final wiring of the unit was the most crucial to keep short. Also, the wire from battery to controller shortest run is where Gums has it. I remember Rob saying that if the run is longer, the wire needs to be much thicker.
If you want different, you may need to specially request Rob.
I think Gums will check his message and reply. I think the final lengths on his car was different to the measurements I provided.