View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 07:42 PM   #125
steve99
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,996
Thanks: 1,035
Thanked 4,998 Times in 2,985 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricio View Post
Perhaps you guys can shine some insight as to what I can't figure out, my car has a few mods (uel header, cat back, aem intake (it comes with a "tuned" maf plug in) and the power blocks), I also had the oft tune, not the latest one.

I installed everything but the blocks, car drove fine and logs were fine, seemingly. I don't know much about it. Once I installed the bpb I installed the bpb tune, car was running fine but after the first attempt it gave me a CEL P0171. I cleared it, checked that everything was nice and tight again, took it for another drive and it didn't light anything up. However, if I plug in my oft after driving for quite a few miles and check the error codes, it asks me to clear P0171, despite not having a CEL.

I figured I'd flash it back to stock, drove about 15-30 miles and that is my log, also just got a CEL a few minutes after that log with P0420, which I think may be due to my headers and was previously disabled with the tune. I wanted to see if there was anything I should address before tuning it to the 2.0 with the bpb adjustments.

I never logged the ltft before my power blocks because I never had a CEL to alert me, ignorant on my part but now I learned. What does this log tell you?

http://www.datazap.me/u/mauricio878/...e?log=0&data=1'

PS when I got my CEL my intake was plugged directly into the MAF sensor not the "tuned" MAF sensor that it brings, on the log however it is plugged into the "tuned" MAF sensor.

Fuel trims are terrible +/- 15 percent.
you either have leak in intake or gasket at maf sensor or at BPB or that "tuned" MAF thingo is upsetting things.


If no leaks found try Removing AEM intake put stock intake and stock MAF sensor back with OFT tune and all should be ok.

you will get P0420 on stock tune with catless headers that notmal.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote