|
I honestly believe that sometimes you just end up with a "bad luck" car. I had really bad luck with my 99 Accord coupe. It was my first car out of college that I purchased on my own and it was exactly what I wanted, black exterior with black leather interior and manual trans. Within the span of a year, it had to have a rear driver's quarter panel replaced due to a hit and run, the entire front end was repaired after a girl decided to slam on her brakes at the last minute instead of going through a yellow light at 60mph, and then constant issues from wind noise due to the rear quarter panel not being replaced correctly to be level with the door and water in the trunk because the drain tube for the moon roof was not re-routed correctly from the quarter panel replacement.
The final straw was when I took the car to the dealer for the 75K maintenance, told them not to replace the engine oil as I just did it and it turns out they drained some oil and then saw the note to not replace the oil. Instead of putting oil back in to replace what was drained, they left it. I drove it the next day and smoke started coming out the exhaust. Took it home to troubleshoot and the engine was down about 2.5 quarts of oil. After that, the engine was burning oil and it was obvious there was damage to the engine so I cut my losses and traded in the car.
Hated to trade it in as I truly loved that car, but it just wasn't worth it. Every time I touched the car something seemed to go wrong. Hate to say it, but the FR-S may just be a bad luck car for you and you have to just decide whether or not to live with it or cut your losses.
|