View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #29
wootwoot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: FRS
Location: Cali
Posts: 1,558
Thanks: 188
Thanked 462 Times in 264 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Not this again!

I researched this feverishly a few months back. I started a similar thread that induced a lengthy debate. As always with this topic, no one agreed on anything.

Here is my opinion: Despite what others may say I believe the crank shaft pulley IS in fact a harmonic dampener (NOT a harmonic balancer). The debate over this will never be settled. What I think most of us can agree on, however, is that the performance benefits of a new crank pulley are marginal at best. When we weigh the possible costs against these marginal gains it seems apparent that a pulley simply isn't worth it. Despite what you believe why would you put your engine at risk (even if only perceived) for what amounts to very minimal benefit?

My 2 cents...
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote