View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 12:10 PM   #6828
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver
 
Sojhinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,242
Thanks: 753
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Full throttle Electric Supercharger Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofneenee View Post
I know this question has been answered before even when I posted it. I have the opportunity to buy it used from someone and I would like to hear your answers just one last time. How close to stock does this car drive when the boost is not engaged? This is very important to me as I am driving at partial throttle more often than I ever drive WOT engaging the boost. I don't want to lose the underpowered but snappy throttle response from 2.5 to 3.5k that I describe as the "playful area" Fenton has said you lose about 10hp up top around 6k which does not matter to me. However their was a dyno posted a few pages back by Jac showing a comparison dyno of stock vs this system with the DR system. This dyno clearly showed that stock had more tq and HP in that playful area with the DR exceeding stock around 4k and up. Maybe he had an older system/ controller ? Thx in advance

Without activating the unit (but still on so that drag reduction is functioning) there is no difference on the car.

It feels and drives the same. Activate the the throttle switch and you have a very fun car now.

Trust me it's worth it, and I know nlowell has taken care of the system. It's a good buy.
__________________
Nicknamed Lightning by my Kids.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel

Last edited by Sojhinn; 07-27-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote