Quote:
Originally Posted by Moletheus
Sorry im being a troll about this but auto cross seems like alot of money to drive fast in a parking lot. I do that anyways as long as it's empty. Yes I understand that auto cross is legal and controlled. I have gotten two tickets in the past for driving fast in a parking lot and both were cheaper than a day at auto cross. I know that sounds bad and most people don't want the risk but I just can't justify it. I can understand paying for the track and definitely doing back of the Dragon but not really autocross. I remember the good old days when we would take our riced out civics and do this all day. Please forgive my ignorance, I have been to a few just never done it myself. Maybe I'm missing something..
|
I thought I had driven fast on the streets or in parking lots until I tried AutoX. Then I realized I had never even approached 6/10ths on the road. Like Joe said... it's a social gathering first and foremost with some racing mixed in. THAT is the reason I'm willing to travel 2500 miles round trip to Lincoln, NE this fall for SOLO Nationals.
Come out this Sunday, see what it's about, and I'd be glad to take you for a ridealong. I'm sure Joe probably would too.
[ame]http://youtu.be/wgy9BWc8PmY[/ame]