View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #40
Malt
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: 2015 WRX
Location: NC
Posts: 986
Thanks: 186
Thanked 624 Times in 364 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven1231 View Post
He said Shiv said it would be fine ??
Not sure where he got that information but unless something has changed that I've missed, unless you are running E85 then the Stage 2 maps are strictly for cars with catless headers.

This isn't the first time I've seen people ask about running the stage 2 maps on cars with stock headers. Not sure why they would want to do so. The stage 1 maps offer a pretty nice bump in power and running stage 2 maps with stock headers and 91/93 octane doesn't sound like a smart idea to me. Then again, I've always erred on the side of caution. Personally I'd run the maps like they were intended to be ran and if I wanted more power I'd just buy what was recommended to run the more aggressively tuned maps. You're not going to get the claimed power output of the Stage 2 maps with that stock cat in place, so why risk it?
Malt is offline   Reply With Quote