View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 02:51 PM   #10
D K
Stig's dark passenger
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FR-S
Location: I work abroad
Posts: 724
Thanks: 60
Thanked 316 Times in 186 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrqlessWonder View Post
With the 5-second press, your e-diff (and the other braking aids) is still on. Pretty sure that's what the source of the blinking traction light is. I run into this on A6's. Basically, so much grip (like the RRs) that I'm running out of travel and lifting the inside rear, so the e-diff kicks in. It only happened when I was on both factory sway bars, and only on throttle exit application. It actually introduces some exit oversteer for me until the roll relief from the slide sets the inside tire back down. Never had it with the stock front/disconnected rear or with stock rear/stiffer front. Rear end stays on the ground, problem (and big throttle exit oversteer) goes away.

For me, this is beneficial, without the e-diff, when one drive wheel is in the air, a Torsen becomes an open diff, which means no power reaching the tire that actually is in contact with the ground.

I've gotten the car into a couple of extended tank-slappers (and spun it) on the factory tires with the 5-second press. No intervention there. So, that's why I think it's something else happening - at least in mine and the OP's case.



E diff???

What is that?
D K is offline   Reply With Quote