View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 08:30 PM   #178
WhiteRose
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Drives: 2013 Genesis Sedan
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 244
Thanks: 106
Thanked 51 Times in 36 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltramarineLuck View Post
I get that some people do want that - I'm not saying no one should do that, but that they should really consider their options. Many people that shop for cars like this don't really understand what they're getting themselves into and they come to forums like this to see what you can get out of a car that only costs $25,000. In reality, the $35k-$40k segment offers many better options that will run faster than a modified FR-S with better interiors and fewer headaches, because they were designed out of the factory that way. That's the point.
You might be right. Coming out of the "factory." Of course, 35-40k cars will be better. Hell, it better be better. I understand what you're saying but here's what I will say to you, sir. This is a "modify-able" car. Tada-san said so himself. He left tons of room in there BECAUSE he wanted us to have the room to mod it ourselves. That is a GREAT business strategy. Matter of fact, SO GOOD that the aftermarket has SKYROCKETED in terms of helping to modify the twins. Bulletproof Automotive/Powerhouse Amuse, HKS, GReddy/TRUST, Aimgain Int., Volk Racing/Gram Light, 6666 RB, KW suspensions, BC, Tein, and the list goes on and on. Came down to the point of the 86fest where it was half car show half autocross. This is what the community is like. We are tuners. We love to mod. We love the challenge. So making this thread was utterly pointless. I'm just jotting down the facts. I'm not trying to burn you nor was it my intention. And it's true. You should look for another car if you're planning on not modifying the car.
WhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote