View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #3
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyArcaro View Post
Okay so, I recently installed led door lights in my BRZ and this BLEW the BIU (Body Integrated Unit). I had my local dealership fix this and install a new unit. However, once they fixed this I had noticed that my DRL no longer came on at all, only when I put my high beams on. I told the dealership this and they had blamed this on my side marker lights that I installed. So I re-installed the factory side markers and still no luck. I am going to bring it back to the dealership but I think I know the problem.

I think that all they have to do is turn the DRL setting on the BIU to ON. Maybe when they installed the new BIU this setting was automatically turned off? This thread shows all the settings that the BIU controls and as you can see, the DRL is one of them.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2421351

Do you think this is it??? Also, my car no longer beeps after three clicks of the lock button on my key fob. And the volume sounds very low, but this is also a setting that can be changed with the BIU according to the above thread. Please help??????????
I've posted this a bunch but I had the same thing happen.

You can't use Techstream yourself to re-enable the DRL (I tried). You have to go through the dealer. My friend works at one and he brought out the techstream laptop for me.

Basically theres a setting for the headlights that is either "Halogen" or "HID" (don't think its called HID but its something like that). After replacing the BIU this must get reset to "Halogen" - We have the HID headlights. All they have to do is switch that option back over and your DRL will function normally (take it off the Halogen setting).
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote