Thread: First service
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #5
jason.h
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Drives: Silver BRZ Limited
Location: NJ
Posts: 24
Thanks: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YMAA View Post
I bought my BRZ at Ramsey Subaru too (I live in NY). Who'd you buy from, Clayton?

My first service (oil change and I had them do the tranny fluid as well at ~1500 miles) at a local dealer was not complementary but even if it was I don't think I'd return there. My second oil change I had done at a local shop I've gone to for years and they filled it with Mobil One. My gas mileage promptly went up by about 2MPG, so I have no idea what brand/weight oil the dealer put in.

I will be returning to the local dealer for other service and warranty issues however, because they're the best service department in the area unfortunately.
Yep from Clayton. I only went because it was free, but other wise I would do all the maintenance myself, despite how good/bad the service department is. No idea what oil they used either.
I went at 3500 miles and used my "free 7500 mile oil change"
jason.h is offline   Reply With Quote