Thread: First service
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 07:33 AM   #4
YMAA
Maximum puntential
 
YMAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ 6MT LTD
Location: Central NY
Posts: 251
Thanks: 151
Thanked 217 Times in 85 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.h View Post
Call and ask, I believe for the subarus its a per dealer type of thing, could be wrong about that. I got first 2 services free at ramsey subaru in NJ.
I bought my BRZ at Ramsey Subaru too (I live in NY). Who'd you buy from, Clayton?

My first service (oil change and I had them do the tranny fluid as well at ~1500 miles) at a local dealer was not complementary but even if it was I don't think I'd return there. My second oil change I had done at a local shop I've gone to for years and they filled it with Mobil One. My gas mileage promptly went up by about 2MPG, so I have no idea what brand/weight oil the dealer put in.

I will be returning to the local dealer for other service and warranty issues however, because they're the best service department in the area unfortunately.
__________________
Perrin CAI + intake tube || Tomei UEL || OFT Stage 2 tune
YMAA is offline   Reply With Quote