View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 12:45 AM   #13
Want.FR-S

Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachi1247 View Post
This is what turned me off from buying my buddy's very gently used 2005 boxster back in fall of 2009. I could have had a 7500 mile boxster that I know was babied for $21k, but the warranty was going to be up shortly after I bought it and I was worried about a $12k engine repair (replacement). Still kind of regretting not buying it as that car would have been a blast.

Reading up on the internet is not always a good place to research such things, since the only people on there are the ones who have a problem. Makes it seem like 50% of the cars out there need a new engine when in reality I bet it is somewhere around 5%. Nobody hops on a forum and says my car is running fine and I have no problems, but they sure as hell tell the world when they have to spend big bucks to fix it.
+1 on what you said about no one would say things are running fine on the Internet. You only post problem, or search for the same problem, on Internet and try to find a solution. If things are fine, don't bother post it.

BTW, that was a refreshing note on the reliability of Porsche cars/engines. I always thought they were pretty reliable, I guess I was wrong on that.
Want.FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote