View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #12
steve99
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,996
Thanks: 1,035
Thanked 4,998 Times in 2,985 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidONE View Post
So what's the word on this? Were you guys able to eliminate or reduce tip in knock?

I was able to stop my IAM from getting trimmed back by reducing the KC advance from .70 g/rev and up at 800~3200 across the board by .35 degrees. Not sure if I over did it but I could not induce IAM to be reduced by running the car under mid to high loads in the lower rpm range after this simple change (with cool weather and IATs). Although the tip in knock is still present. Not enough to cause the IAM to be reduced but still there.

http://datazap.me/u/solidone/maft100...zoom=4375-6880

You might also notice my fuel trims to be mostly in the negative since I dialed this maf scale to around 100+ degrees IATs. While I did not log the temps, the IATs when this log was taken should be in the low 80's. The IAT temp compensation in the maf scale is another thing I'd like to address, but I guess that's for another thread.
I pretty much did the same as you have done for Australian fuel which is rubbish compared to yours, so had to pull 0.7 and then more up to 1 at high rpm and load, did a thread on it. IAM sloid at one but still get the odd bit of tip in knock if your aggressive on throttle low rpm high gear.
Also have made the temp compensation cut in one cell earlier and added a bit to the 3000 rpm range where it was zero seems to help on hot days in traffic, it winter now so carnt test it any more
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote