View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 11:32 PM   #5102
jamesm
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,929
Thanks: 1,166
Thanked 2,294 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2R View Post
OFT, eh? I gotta one of then right here ready to go. How much more of a pain is it to tune with OFT? Sorry if off-topic. Can move to pm

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
I'm more than happy to tune it for you locally on oft. Not for free though. The whole point of doing a freebie is to play with custom maps and see what can be done on ecutek with it wired into the ecu, and to develop maps for the community .

And to answer your question, I've found oft to be fine for local NA tunes. It takes a lot longer (and thus costs a bit more) just due to the limitations/quirks of the software (I use romraider) and flashing/transfer time but it's perfectly workable. The only thing I won't do is forced induction, but once a few more features are implemented (and I'm sure they will be eventually) I'll do those as well. I'll always prefer the power and flexibility of ecutek, but at the same time I try to accommodate every customer, and some already have oft that they'd rather use. New customers generally go for ecutek just because it ends up being cheaper and is future-proof.
jamesm is offline   Reply With Quote