View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #9
HRTROB
Senior Member
 
HRTROB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Drives: Toyota 86
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 458
Thanks: 144
Thanked 271 Times in 140 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
Ok, I installed my KoyoRad this past weekend and I took a closer look of the bolts you are referring to

First of all, I don't think the above picture is FRS/BRZ specific radiator but it's just a generic photo since the placements of those bolts are different.

and Secondly, those are not ports just the tabs since the OEM unit has unique tab that can go over the hanger/attachment part of the body, aftermarket radiator include adjustable length bolts so that you can hang the radiator..

Take a closer look and you will notice that the thread is just empty
The photo in my original post is not a generic photo. It looks exactly like mine. I'm not talking about the four "tabs" that the stock fan bolts into. I'm referring to the port that is on the upper left of the radiator, driver side when mounted to the car. This port is not on the first batch of Koyo radiators. Here is a photo of my radiator before I put it in the car. You can see the port on the upper left.



I've been looking at the port and I don't think it's empty. The fact that it is plugged by an allen grub screw wrapped it teflon tape, tells me that there is indeed a hole in there

Garagefrs' koyo radiator install... No port on the left side
HRTROB is offline   Reply With Quote