Old 04-28-2014, 02:57 AM   #937
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,181 Times in 6,837 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deraj View Post
@Porsche Wow, great post. As for my intended use, I am not looking to get into competitions, so classing doesn't concern me. I plan to upgrade parts slowly as I learn the car and improve my driving skills. I have been doing HPDEs off and on for the past 6 years, in FWD and AWD, but never in RWD. Therefore, I want a good platform to learn on, but also one that I can keep as a long term project as I progress in my driving abilities. Regardless of which car I get, I intend on keeping it relatively stock for the first handful of track days, except for brake pads/fluid, alignment, lightweight wheels, and sticky street tires so that I can learn the car.

@CSG Mike, you said that the GT86's advantages were at higher speeds. Is that purely because of the power advantage of the S2000? Or is it that the S2000 has better suspension characteristics so it can carry more speed through the turns? Or something else?
It's the GT86's aerodynamic stability; the S2000 makes significant front downforce and rear lift from the factory; the GT86 is fairly even. This is also why the addition of a wing alone makes the S2000 so quick on track.

The S2000 will teach you more than a 86 will, but the two cars require distinctly different driving styles.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote