|
that documentary makes me want to buy my friend's rebuilt AE86 and drive it at autocross...
it sucks that what Taka said is true, the obstacle for new drivers to get into the scene is very high because they don't have the monetary resources to compete or get started, so we'll see if this is truly sustainable for the future.
I'm also sad that the drag racing roots/culture of the US has transformed the sport into an torque/money game, and less so about the elegance and balance of driver and car, but it's what sells tickets.
I'm personally excited to see what Dai Yoshihara can do in his car, but I do agree with the of the point that an engine swap causes a loss of the characteristics of a car.
BUT HONESTLY SCREW ALL OF THIS, WHEN ARE WE GONNA START RACING EACH OTHER DOWN MOUNTAINS LIKE IN INITIAL D?!!!!?
|