View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #82
regal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S/Toyota Yaris
Location: PA
Posts: 1,438
Thanks: 21
Thanked 316 Times in 232 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
[quote=andrew20195;1590032]I . You are a mere line-level employe, a mechanic in a bay in a dealership in nowhere. You know absolutely nothing about what is in the minds of Toyota executives ... any more than you know what is in mine.




Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew20195 View Post

What's with the personal attacks? I think it's completely uncalled for.

I really don't consider this a personal attack at all. Auto execs think and strategize completely differently than the value adders doing the actua work. The execs have the board and shareholders to answer to who generally know nothing about the auto industry so some of their decisions may seem really weird. Its all about perspective.


And millions of people in this country would love to have a job as good as a "mechanic in a Toyota dealership Bay", its a job many would be proud to have but don't expect to have the power to call in a jet from corp everytime a systemic or serious issue is found, that's all that being said, not a persona attack the way I see it.





Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew20195 View Post
, Toyota would want to take a look at it. I've been in this field for 12 years, and had the opportunity to work with Honda and Subaru engineers on several occasions, so I have at least some idea what I'm talking about.

Did you see their degree's? OEM's will give a business card to about anyone these days and call them engineers. If its a systemic issue the :real" engineers don't need to fly out to a dealership, they need to interface with other engineers, suppliers, middle managers and present a solution to the root cause.


Most but not all "engineering" visits to dealerships are to negotiate and keep the peace.



Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
If you want the car, the solution is an extended warranty and a new longblock. Anything else is foolish considering the number of places a blown engine can hide various objects that will just blow the next block.

Yep I wouldn't settle for less than a Long block with the chain on and everything factory tmed.
__________________
2013 FRS Argento Silver 6MT

Mods:
Clear fender side lights
Tactrix ZA1JB01C 2014 Calib
regal is offline   Reply With Quote