View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 06:50 PM   #343
steve99
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,996
Thanks: 1,035
Thanked 4,998 Times in 2,985 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessGT View Post
Hi
Yes, it is the torque dip that I would like smoothed out.

I didn't realise that the OFT and ECU were 'married' so yes it is completely unreasonable for me to expect someone to put that effort in just to prove benefit. I guess for $500 the OFT is the best performance/dollar improvement for the stock car (even 10hp) and as I live about 2km from an E85 fuel station then that would be good before Phillip Island track days.

Does the tune also change how aggressive the rev limiter is? I accidentally hit it in third coming onto the Phillip Island straight and it sucks big time.

Thanks
As @Burn said they increase the rev limit by 200rpm but also its changed to a softer cut in as they adjust the "delta" to 50rpm not 500 (think) to its no longer face in the dash. In fact is so "soft" it often takes a moment to realise you hit it, I heard some guys set the delta to 100rpm to make it a bit more noticeable.

You won't eliminate the torque dip with just OFT tune on petrol but it will be much better, add headers or E85 and it pretty well gone. both even better. Stock intake is pretty good not much gains in intakes.

You also get
Flat foot shift
Launch Control
DI seal fix mod (if you have earlier ROM's)
Bumped up idle (100rpm)

Last edited by steve99; 02-23-2014 at 07:01 PM.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote