View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #773
ATL BRZ
TEQSPORT Brand Manager
 
ATL BRZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: '24 GR86 + '16 FR-S
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,666
Thanks: 3,725
Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
You've probably answered this somewhere, but why no BBK? You specifically track your car, so it seems like a natural application.
With my BRZ's current power level and the cooling ducts and titanium pad shims installed and working well while pushed hard on track, I really haven't felt the need to drop over $2k on a BBK. The stock calipers and rotors haven't shown any signs of damage or stress when tracked hard. My dust boots even look fine after many track days. If the car had 300whp I'd want more thermal capacity in my brakes and would probably get a BBK.

Could I use more stopping power and thermal capacity? Sure. Do I feel like the car needs it right now enough to justify the cost? No. I got a great deal on the cooling kit and I have no issues paying $50/rotor and running race pads. I understand that a BBK's consumables are more cost efficient over time for a track rat like me, but I'm still very satisfied with the braking performance and consistency when I'm pushing the OEM gear hard on track considering the way I've prepared it.

Last edited by ATL BRZ; 03-10-2014 at 09:27 AM.
ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote