Old 03-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #150
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J

Drives: 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco-REX View Post
Depends on the shopper. Some people will look at a particular segment: "I want something sporty, small, under 30K." etc. And they could cross the WRX off their list. But some people will walk into a Subaru dealership looking for a "performance car". These buys will test drive both. And the rising torque curve of a turbo is very enticing.

Ahh, my mistake. I thought the WRX started at 26.5K instead of 25.5K. I guess Subaru is very confident that buys will walk into the dealership specifically looking for one or the other. Interesting.

What do you mean by fail on delivering? Both the FR-S and BRZ are in production as we speak. The FR-S is seeing higher demand worldwide under the GT-86 badge, and demo BRZs are roaming the US dealers right now. Both Subaru and Toyota have committed to bringing their FT cars to the US.
If people go in to look at the BRZ and end up with a WRX, or go in wanting a WRX and end up with a BRZ, seems like Subaru wins either way. It's never bad to have options, and I don't think they'll have any trouble selling the 500/month that they are making.

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote