Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Drives: 13 BRZ, 11 STI, 99 RS
Thanked 1,520 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
People are actually shopping the BRZ and the WRX? Really?
Depends on the shopper. Some people will look at a particular segment: "I want something sporty, small, under 30K." etc. And they could cross the WRX off their list. But some people will walk into a Subaru dealership looking for a "performance car". These buys will test drive both. And the rising torque curve of a turbo is very enticing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriental Life View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they place BRZ slightly above base WRX with $25,995 for Premium 6MT.

Pricing delay from Scion (rumors) may just explain that it creeps Scion big time. Its a gamble for both, Subaru and Scion, and I'd say one of them is going to fail on delivering this car.
Ahh, my mistake. I thought the WRX started at 26.5K instead of 25.5K. I guess Subaru is very confident that buys will walk into the dealership specifically looking for one or the other. Interesting.

What do you mean by fail on delivering? Both the FR-S and BRZ are in production as we speak. The FR-S is seeing higher demand worldwide under the GT-86 badge, and demo BRZs are roaming the US dealers right now. Both Subaru and Toyota have committed to bringing their FT cars to the US.
Draco-REX is offline   Reply With Quote