View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 10:52 AM   #5
ScorpionOzzy

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister View Post
My steering wheel has started to peel at about the 9 o'clock position. At first it just started to bubble a bit, but it has slowly been growing, and is now about the size of a U.S. quarter.

Over the weekend I brought the car in for the 10k miles maintenance (oil change/tire rotation) and had them look at that along with a few other warranty related items.

The dealer said that the steering wheel was a "wear item" so it was not covered under the comprehensive warranty, but that they would replace it this time out of good will. A little annoyed by this, but other then that they have treated me with only respect and have taken very good care of my car, I have been in there many times:
1. Chirping pump
2. New transmission
3. Drivers side window seals
4. Passenger window switches
5. Chirping (again)
6. Steering wheel

I am wondering if anyone else has ran into this? Usually I am overly cautious to make sure my hands are clean before I drive so I do not muck up the interior, and am a bit concerned they are saying it is a wear item. I've had cars with a 100k-200k on them without a damaged steering wheel.
My steering wheel did the exact same thing, peeling at the 9 oclock position. I took it into the dealer and showed my service advisor, who had it replaced. The car was only 3 months old at the time.
ScorpionOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote