View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 06:50 PM   #2
jprice130
AutoX Nut
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2020 Toyota Supra
Location: Harrisburg, NC
Posts: 268
Thanks: 76
Thanked 74 Times in 59 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for sharing your build @fedly! I'm definitely interested in seeing how you progress with your automatic FRS. I started with an automatic BRZ in June 2012 and competed with it for over a year in stock/RTR, but after co-driving a friend's manual FR-S for a few events, I decided to give up on my automatic and get a manual FR-S instead.

The gearing of the manual was noticeably more peppy accelerating out of low speed turns when driving the automatic and manual back-to-back during a local test-and-tune. That said, it sounds like your Circuit Motorsports tune will help offset the issue with the taller automatic gearing and you'll obviously have an advantage on faster courses where you can wind out 2nd gear longer than the manual FR-Ss/BRZs.

I'm now in the process of putting together a mild STX build as well and wrestled a long time between using the RCE Springs/Koni option or running a budget coilover. I ultimately decided to go with ST coilovers with HVT camber plates and Robispec rear tophats. I was close to considering the Com-C tophats a couple months ago, so I really appreciate your ongoing feedback about the Com-Cs in other areas of the forum.

Anyway, good luck this season and keep us updated!
jprice130 is offline   Reply With Quote