|
Fuel economy deteriorating??
Hi guys I really need your help in this one. I love this forum from all that I have learned about my car and I'm counting on you to help me with this. My BRZ has 16k miles on the odometer. At around 12k, I dropped a perrin CAI and catback and a few miles later got it tuned with ECUTEK. I noticed that the fuel economy was being great; but about 3 weeks ago I've seen it getting worse. A LOT. My comparison is based through this process: I normally use the cruise control (I make a lot of long trips) at X speed. The mileage dropped about 4-5mpg at the same speed. This has happened before but if it is windy, or I have a lot of stuff in the trunk, or having a bike rack on. Nevertheless, this is becoming constant. I used to have almost 27mpg on average and dropped around 26mpg. My driving style hasn't change or anything; even if it did, just by comparing consumption with cruise control is alarming for me. Also note, as soon as I had the accessories installed, there was no change in consumption, it even got better! I've been experiencing this for around 3 weeks while the accessories where mounted around 3 months ago. I don't know if it may be normal for the those upgrades or probably a deeper problem. Thank you beforehand for any help!!
|