Thread: Ark vs Perrin
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 10:23 PM   #1
JohnAyySays
Senior Member
 
JohnAyySays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: Scion FR-S Whiteout
Location: Hayward
Posts: 362
Thanks: 149
Thanked 59 Times in 41 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Ark vs Perrin

Hello Everyone! So I've been debating on a new exhaust and have kinda narrowed it down to 2 exhaust brands from my research. Basically this is what I want in my exhaust

- Deep sounding exhaust, (no raspy sound)
- Can hear the sound/deep sound building up through the RPM's
- Very nice WOT sounds
- Little to no drone
- P.S. I daily my car also

I've looked into Perrin 2.5 catback exhaust resonated and at first was considering this exhaust but some people say it's not noticeable at all through the RPM's unless at WOT.

For Ark performance I've been debating on either the Grip or DTS. From what people says, the GRIP exhaust is quieter than the DTS with just the catback alone. Some people say that the DTS causes some sort of drone? Not sure about that since most people are saying there is little to no drone. Could any owners of the ark exhaust elaborate on the drone and sound. Also will adding the test pipe on either one of the exhaust cause any sort of drone? I'm mainly looking into just having the catback exhaust with no test pipe added but would love to hear feedback on it.

All feedback is welcome and feel free to post pictures and videos of your exhaust! Thanks again!
__________________
JohnAyySays is offline   Reply With Quote