View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #8
steve99
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,996
Thanks: 1,035
Thanked 4,998 Times in 2,985 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztan View Post
Will be very keen to know what you find - I was about to try this also.
I've been getting quite a lot of knock in the same range (2400-4000) at loads from 0.6-1.0.

Seems to be temperature dependent, what kind of heat do you get in Bahrain?? Around 25C ambient, I get FBKC, but my IAM doesn't drop, between 30-35C ambient, I'll get FBKC with IAM dropping occasionally. Besides monitoring FBKC, also look at the range where FLKC or IAM drop as FBKC won't register if KC is in fine or rough learning mode.

Was looking at the Ignition timing compensation tables , it appears that the IAT timing compensation is disabled at engine loads between 0.6 and 1.0 at engine RPM between 3000-4000 and somewhat limited at 2000-3000.

Might be worth looking in this area

I often see IAT climbing above 50 C (120F) on 35 C days when in traffic.
Attached Images
 
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote