View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #12
xwd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: 2013 DGM Subaru BRZ (Subie #9)
Location: ATL, US
Posts: 2,667
Thanks: 123
Thanked 861 Times in 552 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brn12345 View Post
Guys this is not normal and is not safe for sure. I circuit race a Honda and have had this issue with my Kumho XS tires. It starts of as a line like the picture above but without warning the whole tire delaminates. I am talking about fender, suspension, brake damage let alone if you hit something. I am running Rivals too on my BRZ and this photo you posted brings back horrific memories. Ill be checking my tires today and if I see a line I am changing to Advans AD08R in a heartbeat.
This is not the same thing. Plenty of people have raced these until they were almost to the cords after the cracks showed up initially.

I can't seem to find the post anymore but Pete Calhoun who is the motorsports director at BFG (and a long-time autocrosser/road-racer) worked with the BFG engineers and Tirerack and found it was a non-issue. This will not lead to delaminating...
xwd is offline   Reply With Quote