View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #12
BirdTRD
Simply Forgotus
 
BirdTRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: 2014 Supercharged SSM BRZ Limited
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 916
Thanks: 736
Thanked 913 Times in 454 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveflooder View Post
Keep records. There is no reason why it should be voided or refused. I make sure to use Toyota parts (in my case), keep the receipts, and I mark the mileage and date that the maintenance was performed both on a spreadsheet as well as on the receipt.

This is true when it comes to the manufactures warranty or an extended warranty that was purchased thru a third party or at the dealership. The problem is with the Dealerships "Incentive" warranty/guarantee, i.e. Engine for a lifetime, free oil changes, free car washes, manicures, etc. Those typically come with the stipulation that they get to do ALL scheduled/recommended maintenance, which of course you have to pay for at the dealers inflated prices. They can't give away all this stuff and not make up for it somewhere else. I just went thru this exact scenario with my wife's Honda and I won't be suckered again with Dealership gimmicks.
BirdTRD is offline   Reply With Quote