View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #10
jamesm
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,929
Thanks: 1,166
Thanked 2,294 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brn12345 View Post
I can absolutely say that I have also tried pump gas and also VP Motorsport 103 and in both cases tip in knock is there. It is much much more subdued with the 103 but it is still there. I had the same thought process of trying to reduce cruise timing to no avail. One thing that I have noticed though is that the 2014 roms have modified the transient fueling tables. This might be something to look at. @jamesm take a look at the recently posted B00C rom and compare that to the A00C/A01C rom and you will see the transient fuel table has been modified right around the cruise load and RPM point. I have not had a chance to modify this yet as I am still experimenting with different fuel types but once that is done ill give it a try.
i'll check that out. i haven't yet looked at the new roms. i'm going to try that as well as tweaking the valve overlap and see what it'll do. i'll let you know if i find anything.
jamesm is offline   Reply With Quote