View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #117
Soravia

Drives: Miata Club
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deslock View Post
I expect the noise was at WOT and even the MT with a 4.1DR has a reasonably tall 6th gear (for a small displacement sports car):

70 MPH ~ 3000 RPM

It ought to be plenty livable, though if your priority is quiet high speed cruising, a lightweight car like the FT86 isn't the best choice anyway.
I'm sure it'll be better than my NB Miata with softtop. Definitely better than my S13. I'm sure it'll be just a bit louder than a tC.

As for gas mileage, it should be close to a Corolla rolling on 4-speed autos without direct-injections, but not as high as the new Elentra. Anywhere close to 30 on combined is great. :happy0180:

No point, talking about price for a car that isn't out yet. It's all about biting the bullet or not.

I've read that only mechanical difference between FRS and BRZ are springs. But interior material, vents, and center console cup holders seems different, too. Not just seat cover materials and HVAC.

For suspension on the two cars, I'm not sure what shocks and springs they're rolling on. On Miata, stiff shocks (Bilstein) and soft Mazda springs comes as sport package. (similar idea to FRS). Upgrading to twice as stiffer springs with Bilsteins, stiff front sway and soft rear sway is one popular mod for tracks.

Last edited by Soravia; 02-18-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Soravia is offline   Reply With Quote