View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #21
DJCarbine
Thupercharged
 
DJCarbine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S
Location: La Grange Park, IL.
Posts: 1,501
Thanks: 116
Thanked 751 Times in 439 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
It is a little hard to explain but like you stated, the MAF sensor is not affected by the pressure differences. That is the exact point, a mass air flow sensor does not know that the pressure has changed, only that the air flow has slowed or increased which translates into a final load value.

So you can have single points in the tables/maps being crossed by vastly different boost pressures because the MAF sensor (which determines load) sees the same speed of air under varying boost pressures. As you have seen, it can be made to work, but I have found it to not be ideal and something I prefer not to tune.

Cheers,
William Knose
I would have thought that the maf would "see" more air depending on the density of the charge air so that it would see more air as boost is turned up.... I've only tuned SD so my grasp on MAF tuning is limited.
__________________
2013 FRS
Vortech V3 11psi
Revworks UEL - PLM Overpipe - MOTIV catted frontpipe - Invidia Q300
2019 Series.Grey STI - Stage1+ SF
DJCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote