Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveflooder
In the older mustangs (pre 2005), there is more connection as far as driver input is concerned, they are still a bear to control at times, which the newer ones fix nicely. This "fix" for control is what IMHO makes the car feel numb.
As far as depreciation is concerned, I wouldn't worry about that area too much. The twins have already lost about $5k in value in the first year (My car was $26k or so new and now KBB's for $20,500 or lower….I know, I know KBB isn't everything, but banks use it, so I tend to stick with it). Might not be a bad idea to look for a clean, used example as they can be had for $20k-$23k with low miles, and limited chance for abuse as it is only a year old car.
Good luck in your search! Make sure to post on your decision with pics!! 
|
I have no idea how they would abuse it. I mean, they could easily have done
1/ Every day Cold start, free Rev to warm up the engine
2/ Auto Cross several days a week
3/ Pulling parts, installing after markets
4/ Have their Pet Piss on the carpet
5/ Have Sex in it, and Liquid get every where
6/ Scrapes, scratches, dings, dents (Mind you, Body works, and Paints are super expensive)
7/ ......
I would rather pay
7-8k more for a Brand new car with 5 miles on it. That 7-8k is way Worth it for a NEW car...I would say Pop a Cherry. That 7-8k is way worth it...for a Shinny car
Now, if I was to save 15k ...I would buy used, and don't mind the rest