View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #159
Capt Canuck

Drives: BMW E36 323is
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjbeach View Post
If you are considering a mustang, I would suggest dropping the coin and renting one for a long weekend. While in Miami and the Keys for Christmas I rented a convertible mustang (base model convertible), very nice blue color, black top and interior.

While any convertible is nice to have in Miami during the 80 degree winters; that was the only postive thing I had to say about the car. This was an automatic and it felt about as fast as my V6 Sonata. Step on the gas you hear a lot of engine noise and later the power comes on.

My girlfriend (who doesn't know much about cars) complained about the interior of the car and the low seating position (she is 5'7) of the passenger seat (unable to adjust, I tried), which created poor visability for the passenger.
Had a V6 Mustang coupe at Xmas myself... I thought it was really good, apart from the nasty auto box on it. I would expect the convertible to be much less rigid and have a perceptible drop off in driver's enjoyment vs the coupe. The interior was fine for a car that retails in the low $20s. I can see where visibility might not be the best for someone with the hood scoop.

Thought it handled well, made a good noise and hid it's weight better than some other rentals I have had in the past couple years. No one needs anything faster than that if they don't plan on doing autoX/HPDE/Quarter mile.
Capt Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote